Do you wish to scatter your loved one's ashes along Scarborough's picturesque coastline? We can arrange this with you or have an unattended service on your behalf in a sensitive, respectful, and caring manner. The easiest way to get in touch with us is to fill out the form below, including your name, contact info, and inquiries. Our customer service team will get back to you as soon as possible and work together to incorporate all your requests.
We look forward to having you abroad and help you give your loved one the perfect send-off.
Type of Boat: 10m sea boat
Number of Passengers: 12
Cost from: £60 for 30 mins
Are refreshments available? Yes
All Religions Catered for? Yes
Toilet on board: Yes
Disabled Access? no
Music Available: Yes
Our trips are tailored to suit your needs as much as possible. For starters, the duration of the trip can be from 1-4 hours, depending on the route and type of activities you wish to do for the scattering ceremony. In short, just ask, and we'll do our best to accommodate your requests.
Permissions, Laws & Regulations for Scattering Ashes in Scarborough
There are no laws for scattering ashes on the waters along Scarborough's coastline. Even so, the Environmental Agency expects this to be done in an environmentally friendly manner. This means only biodegradable items should be thrown overboard. There are a few other guidelines, but we will take care of that so you can focus on what's important, which is to say your final goodbyes in the best way possible.
Tips for families when scattering ashes
- Stick to biodegradable materials
- Check the weather conditions (we will make sure to keep you informed)
- Stay upwind to ensure the ashes blow away from you and the guests.
- Spread the ashes as close to the water surface as possible
- Have wipes or water ready in case the ashes blow about to your skin or that of the other guests
- Summer months are gentler
- Don't be shy to ask for any help
Why Use a Our Boats?
- Total privacy on board
- Noth and South bay beaches are accessible or we can recommended a more private resting place
- Views of Scarborough castle
- Our water urns make spreading ashes easy
- Experienced Staff to ensure the day goes smoothly
- We are here to help you as much as possible
Urns for Scattering at Sea
All of our water urns are made of biodegradable material such as paper or cardboard, natural salt or other plant-based materials. We would be happy to provide an urn if you wish, alternatively, you can provide your own but we must stress that it needs to be water safe and approved to be 100% biodegradable.
Below we have listed some of the most frquestly asked questions, please feel free to contact us if you have more.
- What do you offer families on a tight budget?
- Our services are flexible and can be customised to fit almost any budget. But the most economical option is to have an unattended ash scattering service.
- How will I know where an unattended dispersal took place?
- We will provide you with the date and exact latitude and longitude of the scattering site. A video can also be arranged if you wish.
- How long is the scattering at sea service?
- Standard service is approximately one hour, but additional time can be added at additional rates, depending on the activities planned.