Are you looking for a meaningful location or somewhere tranquil with beautiful scenery to scatter the ashes of a loved one? The tranquil water of the Royal River Thames is a common choice. We are proud to offer boats for exclusive private charter and help you choose the perfect spot for the scattering of ashes ceremony. Contact us today for any enquiries by filling the form below, and we will get back to you ASAP.
We look forward to having you abroad and help you give your loved one the perfect send-off.
Type of Boat: Passenger Vessel
Number of Passengers: 45 - 180
Cost from: £310
Are refreshments available? Yes
All Religions Catered for? Yes
Toilet on board: Yes
Disabled Access? Yes
Music Available: Yes
Our trips take between 45 minutes and one hour, with a stop at a suitable spot for the scattering ceremony. We offer various pick up points, which have to be arranged for beforehand. The private vessel will take you and the other guests upstream from Windsor, allowing you to scatter the ashes amongst the fast-running waters of the river at the Boveney Lock and weir. Also, another popular location for scattering ashes on the River Thames is Lambeth Pier.
Permissions, Laws & Regulations for Scattering Ashes in River Thames
You will not be required to obtain any additional licenses to scatter ashes on the River Thames. However, the Environmental Agency states that nothing other than the ashes and biodegradable materials be dispersed into the sea to avoid causing litter and harming the wildlife. We will handle any other requirements on your behalf so you can focus on what's important, which is giving your loved one the perfect send-off.
Tips for families when scattering ashes
- Stick to biodegradable materials
- Check the weather conditions (we will make sure to keep you informed)
- Stay upwind to ensure the ashes blow away from you and the guests.
- Spread the ashes as close to the water surface as possible
- Have wipes or water ready in case the ashes blow about to your skin or that of the other guests
- Summer months are gentler
- Don't be shy to ask for any help
Why Use a Our Boats?
- Total privacy
- Experienced staff to recommend local beauty spots for scatting
- We will supply co ordinates of the final resting place
- Scatter ashes with ease using our water urns
- On hand to custom your trip to make it perfect
Urns for Scattering at Sea
All of our water urns are made of biodegradable material such as paper or cardboard, natural salt or other plant-based materials. We would be happy to provide an urn if you wish, alternatively, you can provide your own but we must stress that it needs to be water safe and approved to be 100% biodegradable.
Below we have listed some of the most frquestly asked questions, please feel free to contact us if you have more.
- Are services available on the weekends?
- Our services are available daily, including weekends, which are the most convenient times for most people to gather together for an ashes scattering ceremony. Be sure to book early on though.
- We do not wish to attend. Can this be arranged?
- Many people choose not to attend the ashes scattering service at sea for different reasons. You can entrust us to perform a dignified service for your loved one. We will even send you the exact coordinates of the scattering site should you wish to visit at a later date.
- How are the cremains dispersed into the sea?
- You can pour them directly from the container into the water or place a 100% biodegradable urn containing the ashes on the water and let it disperse slowly.