For those who have chosen to say goodbye to their loved one by scattering their ashes in Newcastle, the waters on the River Tyne is the perfect location. To check the available vessels and other related information like parking and catering options, the number of people allowed on the boat, costs, and so on, fill in the form below. Our customer service will contact you as soon as possible.
We look forward to having you abroad and help you give your loved one the perfect send-off.
Type of Boat: river cruiser
Number of Passengers: 40
Cost from: £250
Are refreshments available? Yes
All Religions Catered for? Yes
Toilet on board: Yes
Disabled Access? Yes
Music Available: Yes
We can arrange for an unforgettable private boat trip through the millennium bridge and out to the estuary if desired, with a stop at a suitable spot for the scattering ceremony. The trips take 1-3 hours, depending on the route you wish to take, which is arranged prior to the trip, and the type of service you want to have. Just tell us in advance, and we'll do our best to cater to all your needs.
Permissions, Laws & Regulations for Scattering Ashes in Newcastle
You don't need permission to scatter ashes on the waters in Newcastle. There are, however, a few guidelines from the Environmental Agency that you should follow. The most important one is not throwing anything overboard that is not 100% biodegradable as that could cause litter and harm wildlife. We will handle any other requirements so you can focus on giving your loved one the perfect send-off.
Tips for families when scattering ashes
- Stick to biodegradable materials
- Check the weather conditions (we will make sure to keep you informed)
- Stay upwind to ensure the ashes blow away from you and the guests.
- Spread the ashes as close to the water surface as possible
- Have wipes or water ready in case the ashes blow about to your skin or that of the other guests
- Summer months are gentler
- Don't be shy to ask for any help
Why Use a Our Boats?
- Total privacy onboard our charter
- You choose whether to scatter at sea or the river tyne
- Perfect backdrop to a proud Geordie
- It's easier to spread the ashes with our water urns
- We have a lot of experience navigating and recommending, local beauty spots to scatter
- Our local, dedicated staff willensure the day is perfect
Urns for Scattering at Sea
All of our water urns are made of biodegradable material such as paper or cardboard, natural salt or other plant-based materials. We would be happy to provide an urn if you wish, alternatively, you can provide your own but we must stress that it needs to be water safe and approved to be 100% biodegradable.
Below we have listed some of the most frquestly asked questions, please feel free to contact us if you have more.
- Do I have to book?
- Yes. While we can arrange services within a day, booking a week or more prior to the selected date allows us to incorporate all your needs and provide the highest degree of service.
- Can you accommodate special requests for scattering?
- Our scattering of ashes services are flexible and will do our best to fulfil your requests.
- Are services available on weekends?
- Our services are available daily and can be customised to fit almost any time request. That being said, we recommend early morning trips when the waters are at their calmest point.