Whether it is for the love of the sea, the deceased's wishes, or maybe, environmentally friendly interment and conservation of land space, many are choosing to scatter the cremains of their dearly departed at sea. Friends and family can say their goodbyes together aboard our boat, which is suitable for all ages and abilities. You can find more information on our vessel and trip below. To check for availability, book or know more about our services, fill the form below, and we'll get back to you soon.
We look forward to having you abroad and help you give your loved one the perfect send-off.
Type of Boat: 11m x 5m Catamaran
Number of Passengers: 12
Cost from: £350
Are refreshments available? Yes, full bar and kitchen
All Religions Catered for? Yes
Toilet on board: Yes
Disabled Access? Yes
Music Available: Yes
Departing from the picturesque Dover Marina, we head out into the sea. Our skipper will stop at a suitable spot chosen by you or them, shut down the engine, and give you and your loved ones time and space to perform the scattering ceremony in your chosen way. We're happy to provide a custom trip and even finish with a close-up tour of the iconic White Cliffs of Dover, thereby bringing a light-hearted ending to this special trip.
Permissions, Laws & Regulations for Scattering Ashes in Dover
You don't need permission to scatter ashes over the waters in Dover. However, the Environmental Agency has some guidelines you should follow, like not throwing anything into the water that is not 100% biodegradable as it could affect wildlife, people, and the environment. We will take care of any regulations so you can complete the ceremony without any hiccups.
Tips for families when scattering ashes
- Stick to biodegradable materials
- Check the weather conditions (we will make sure to keep you informed)
- Stay upwind to ensure the ashes blow away from you and the guests.
- Spread the ashes as close to the water surface as possible
- Have wipes or water ready in case the ashes blow about to your skin or that of the other guests
- Summer months are gentler
- Don't be shy to ask for any help
Why Use a Our Boats?
- Total privacy with our charters
- Beauty spots to ensure a perfect final resting place
- The white cliffs of dover give a perfetc backdrop
- It's easier to spread the ashes with our water urns
- We have a lot of experience with ash scattering ceremonies
- We can provide personal add ons to make the day perfect
Urns for Scattering at Sea
All of our water urns are made of biodegradable material such as paper or cardboard, natural salt or other plant-based materials. We would be happy to provide an urn if you wish, alternatively, you can provide your own but we must stress that it needs to be water safe and approved to be 100% biodegradable.
Below we have listed some of the most frquestly asked questions, please feel free to contact us if you have more.
- How long is the attended scattering at sea service?
- A standard trip takes about 1 - 2; hours, but we can arrange additional hours for a more custom trip.
- Is the trip suitable for all ages?
- Can you accommodate special requests for scattering?
- Our services are very flexible. We will do our best to fulfil all requests and ensure all the details are handled to the highest level of respect and dignity.