Many find scattering ashes at sea a fitting way to pay tribute to their departed. So whether you're looking for a meaningful location or want somewhere peaceful with beautiful scenery, we can help you find the perfect place to say your goodbyes. We have one boat for your ashes scattering ceremony in Cardiff. Information for this vessel, including the type of boat, number of passengers allowed on the vessel, parking options, and related costs, can be found below. For more information or to enquire about availability, fill the form below and we'll get back to you ASAP.
We look forward to having you aboard and help you give your loved one the perfect send-off.
Type of Boat: 9 metre rib craft speed boat
Number of Passengers: 12
Cost from: £100
Are refreshments available? No
All Religions Catered for? Yes
Toilet on board: No
Disabled Access? Yes
Music Available: Yes
Our boat trip takes about an hour within Cardiff Bay, with a stop at a suitable spot chosen by you or the skipper for the ashes scattering ceremony. We are happy to customise the trip to accommodate your request(s) with utmost respect and dignity, provided they are not in violation of any laws.
Permissions, Laws & Regulations for Scattering Ashes in Cardiff
There are almost no laws on scattering ashes on the waters in Cardiff. Still, some organisations like the Environment Agency have issued guidelines on scattering ashes at sea to keep wildlife, people, and the environment safe. One of their biggest restrictions is anything thrown overboard must be 100% biodegradable. We'll take care of any regulations and permissions for scattering ashes in Cardiff so that the ceremony can go off without a hitch.
Tips for families when scattering ashes
- Stick to biodegradable materials
- Check the weather conditions (we will make sure to keep you informed)
- Stay upwind to ensure the ashes blow away from you and the guests.
- Spread the ashes as close to the water surface as possible
- Have wipes or water ready in case the ashes blow about to your skin or that of the other guests
- Summer months are gentler
- Don't be shy to ask for any help
Why Use a Our Boats?
- Total privacy
- You tell us where you want to go, we are there to help
- Views of Caerphilly Castle & Cardiff bay provided the perect backdrop
- Easily spread sashes with our water urns
- We have a lot of experience with ash scattering ceremonies
- Dedicated staff on hand for additional extra or support
Urns for Scattering at Sea
All of our water urns are made of biodegradable material such as paper or cardboard, natural salt or other plant-based materials. We would be happy to provide an urn if you wish, alternatively, you can provide your own but we must stress that it needs to be water safe and approved to be 100% biodegradable.
Below we have listed some of the most frquestly asked questions, please feel free to contact us if you have more.
- Can I visit the scattering site later?
- You will receive the exact coordinates of the scattering site and can visit later on for any memorial service.
- What type of clothing should I/we wear?
- There's no dress code, but we advise you to wear warm clothes, preferably wind-proof, as well as non-skid shoes, a head cover and sunglasses.
- Do I have to make a reservation or appointment?
- Yes, our boats are available by request. Once we have a firm booking, we will provide you with directions, parking options, and so on.