The Royal Borough of Kingston Upon Thames is located on the banks of the River Thames, making it an ideal location for scattering the ashes of a loved one at sea. There are vessels available for Ashes Scattering River Thames Service, which is customisable to your needs. Contact us today by filling the form below on the pickup locations, type of vessel, number of people allowed on the boat, catering options, and more. We will work together to ensure you and the deceased's wishes are fulfilled.
We look forward to having you abroad and help you give your loved one the perfect send-off.
Tilbury River Boat
Type of Boat: River boat
Number of Passengers: 20
Cost from: £150
Are refreshments available? Yes
All Religions Catered for? Yes
Toilet on board: Yes
Disabled Access? Yes
Music Available: Yes
Our trips are available all year long, from Monday to Sunday, and customised to the customer's needs. The skipper will head out into the waters and stop at a suitable spot for the ceremony. A standard trip takes about 45 minutes, but we can make arrangements if you require an extended time.
Permissions, Laws & Regulations for Scattering Ashes in Kingston Upon Thames
While you're not required to obtain any additional licenses to scatter ashes on the waters in Kingston Upon Thames, the Environmental Agency has a few guidelines. The biggest one is only throw things that are 100% biodegradable overboard. This means no wreaths or personal items containing plastic or metal parts as these could cause litter and harm water animals. The good news is we will take care of any legal obligations on your behalf, so you only worry about saying your goodbyes in the best way possible.
Tips for families when scattering ashes
- Stick to biodegradable materials
- Check the weather conditions (we will make sure to keep you informed)
- Stay upwind to ensure the ashes blow away from you and the guests.
- Spread the ashes as close to the water surface as possible
- Have wipes or water ready in case the ashes blow about to your skin or that of the other guests
- Summer months are gentler
- Don't be shy to ask for any help
Why Use a Our Boats?
- Total privacy
- Kingston bridge to teddington walk, we have navigated the thmaes for years
- We can recommend beauty spots for a final resting place
- It's easier to put and spread the ashes with our water urns for ashes
- We have a lot of experience with ash scattering ceremonies
- Staff on hand to cater for your needs
Urns for Scattering at Sea
All of our water urns are made of biodegradable material such as paper or cardboard, natural salt or other plant-based materials. We would be happy to provide an urn if you wish, alternatively, you can provide your own but we must stress that it needs to be water safe and approved to be 100% biodegradable.
Below we have listed some of the most frquestly asked questions, please feel free to contact us if you have more.
- How far do we go offshore?
- The distance varies depending on the selected location. But in many cases, the ashes scattering ceremony is usually conducted a few hundred yards to half a mile from shore.
- Can I scatter the ashes where I wish?
- Yes, you can, so long as it's a legal location and we can reach it and come back within the allocated time frame for your ashes scattering charter. Plus, if you have specific coordinates, it's best to let us know beforehand to verify that the location does not violate any Environmental Agency guidelines for scattering ashes at sea.
- Can I Have a Memorial Service?
- Of course, we issue the exact coordinates of the scattering site, and you can revisit as many times as you wish.